- What is Square?
- What do I need to use Square payments?
- How to Connect?
- I have the Square payment gateway configured in Online store, but customers cannot see it when checking out. What should I do?
- What do I need to do to start running real transactions?
- Where can I find information about my transactions and orders?
- How much does it cost?
- Can I synchronize my Square system with Online store?
- Does Online store support other payment gateways besides Square?
Now you can accept payments via Square online payment gateway. Payments processing through Square is currently available for the USA, Canada, Australia, the UK and Japan in US, Canadian and Australian dollars, Great Britain Pound and Japanese yen. Your customers will not have to leave your site and can enter their credit card details right on your store checkout pages, which makes the checkout process easier and faster.
- Square account. You can get one here: www.squareup.com
- Online store.
This article pertains to a merchant looking to use Square payments. If you are a Square merchant looking to create a synchronized online store from your Square inventory, please see this article - Square POS.
- Log in to your Control Panel, navigate to Settings → Payment → Credit card, select [Credit Card: Square] in the dropdown menu and click "Enable".
- Click "Connect and Enable Square account":
- Be sure to enable the gateway by clicking "Enable" next to the gateway.
I have the Square payment gateway configured in Online store, but customers cannot see it when checking out. What should I do?
Make sure you have enabled the Square Gateway by logging to the Control Panel and navigating to Settings → Payments → Credit or Debit Card, [Credit Card: Square].
It takes just a few minutes to activate your account by providing Square with some basic information about you and your business. Once you've activated your account you are ready to accept credit card payments online.
All the orders paid via Square appear in your Control Panel → My Sales → Orders with a link to the corresponding transaction in Square. They will appear in your Square Control Panel as well, and will contain the customer’s data, a list of products purchased and information about shipping and taxes.
The fee for all payments processed via Square is 2.9% + $0.30.
Yes, if you start on Square, install the app from your Square control panel, and when prompted to sign in to Online store, choose the option to create a new store, and your products and inventory will be synchronized.
If you have an existing Online store account running on the Unlimited plan, you can also synchronize your Square and Online store inventory. Please navigate to your Online store Control Panel → Settings → Square and click "Sync your Inventory":
Yes, it does. Please check the full list of available payment processors