Advertising plays a critical role in bringing customers to your online store. However, the vast majority of shoppers aren’t ready to buy when they first browse your catalog. They may hesitate, become distracted, or decide to browse similar products online.

Research suggests 98% of first time visitors who leave your store without completing a purchase will not return unless you bring them back. Retargeting helps you convert window shoppers into paying customers.

How retargeting works

In ecommerce, retargeting helps business owners reach customers who visited their store but didn’t buy anything. Reaching these customers relies on browser cookies. Retargeting tools use cookies to place ads on other sites that a user visits. When used effectively, these ads encourage your customers to continue browsing your store.

A cookie is a special piece of data that is set in a person’s browser and enables tracking of the pages they visit. Every site that uses cookies must inform the user about it. Remember to add a cookie notification to your site.

Advertising to customers already familiar with your store is an effective way to increase sales. finds only 2% of shoppers completing a purchase on their first visit. Retargeting helps to reach the remaining 98% of potential customers who left your store too soon.

Despite the seeming simplicity, you need to carefully use this tool. Pay special attention to the timing, frequency, and context of your advertising. Good retargeting is always a result of a good strategy.

Setting up retargeting ads for your store products

You can enable retargeting with Google Analytics in your store.

You can also search for apps in App Market to help you build your retargeting campaigns. 

Kliken Marketing: Google Campaigns and Retargeting

 With Kliken Marketing app by SiteWit, you can effectively advertise products and categories across Google, Bing, Yahoo! and hundreds of other websites. Kliken Marketing helps you build a retargeting campaign in just 5 minutes. Simply choose what products you want to promote and Kliken will help you:

  • Track your store visitors
  • Retarget interested customers with personalized ads
  • Showcase items from your catalog in banner ads
  • Optimize your performance with consumer statistics

Was this article helpful?

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for your feedback!

Sorry about that! What went wrong?
2 out of 2 found this helpful
We use cookies and similar technologies to remember your preferences, measure effectiveness of our campaigns, and analyze depersonalized data to improve performance of our site. By choosing «Accept», you consent to the use of cookies.
Accept cookies Decline