Square POS (Point of Sale) is a mobile app that allows merchants in the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK and Japan to accept physical debit and credit cards on their smartphones and tablets, essentially turning their device into a POS (Point of Sale system). Online store has created an app for Square POS that allows merchants to instantly create a synchronized online store from their Square POS inventory.
- What I get if I connect Square and Online store
- What I need to start
- Getting Started with Online store and Square
- Paid Plans and Upgrading
- How many Square accounts can I connect to an Online store?
- What happens if I have more products in my Square account than my Online store plan allows
- How do I log in to my new account that was created from the Square App Marketplace?
- When I synchronize products from Square, they show up in my Online store account as "disabled". Why is this?
- I changed a price, title, description, or image and the change was not synchronized. What’s up?
- I just created my store using the Online store app in the Square App Marketplace, and now my customers cannot checkout.
- Do I have to use the Square payment gateway in order to use the sync features?
- When I add a product to Square, the product does not appear in my Online store catalog. Why is that?
- My inventory is not synchronizing between Square and Online store. Why is that?
- I just want to use the Square payment gateway only and not synchronize. Can I do this?
- Can I connect my existing Online store account to my Square account?
- How to disconnect my Square account from my store
- I have deleted a product or category in Online store, but it keeps coming back. What should I do?
- All Square products (including product elements such as descriptions, names, images, variations and stock levels) are automatically transferred to your online store, so there is no need to re-create them;
- Your inventory is synchronized, so if an item is sold in your online store, your Square inventory will be updated and vice versa;
- You can login to your store account by simply clicking a link in the Square dashboard;
- Square online payment gateway is preconfigured and ready to go immediately: you can run your online transactions through Square, so online and in person transactions are handled by the same payment processor.
- Square account. You can get one here: www.squareup.com
- All products in Square must have a SKU as the inventory is synchronized by SKU. If your products do not have SKUs, you should add them.
- If you start on Square, install the Online store app from your Square control panel, select to create a new Online store, your products and inventory will be synchronized.
If you have an existing Online store account running on the Unlimited plan, you can also synchronize your Square and your store inventory. Please navigate to your Control Panel > Settings > Square/ ("POS" if more than one POS system enabled) and click "Sync your Inventory":
- Log into your Square account at www.squareup.com
- Ensure that all of your Square products have SKUs and that you have turned on "Inventory Tracking" for all Square products. This is critical.
- All Square merchants can install the Online store app on the "Apps" page in their Square Dashboard at https://squareup.com/dashboard/apps You need to find the Online store app and click the "Get Started" button, after that you will be redirected to a screen where you should grant necessary permissions for the app:
- When you click "Allow", you get to the page where you can create a new Online store account or connect an existing one. Note, that syncing with Square is supported only for the accounts on the Unlimited plan.
- Now, your store is linked to your Square account and your products will be synchronized by SKU.
- The Square payment gateway is preconfigured for you, so you can start accepting payments right away with Square gateway.
When a new account is created, the products from Square will be transferred to your store with descriptions, names, images, variations and stock levels. If you have more products in your Square account than your Online store plan allows, we will import just some of the products not to exceed the limits. E.g. your plan with Online store allows to have 50 products, but you have 100 products on Square. In this case only 50 products will be imported.
You can connect only one account to one Square account. It is not possible to connect one Online store account to two Square accounts or vice versa.
If you have more products in your Square account than your Online store plan allows, we will import just some of the products not to exceed the limits. E.g. your plan with Online store allows to have 250 products, but you have 300 products on Square. In this case only 250 products will be imported. You can upgrade to a different plan with Online store which allows a higher number of products.
When I synchronize products from Square, they show up in my Online store account as "disabled". Why is this?
We do this to ensure that there is an extra step taken to enable a product for sale online. We have found that merchants want this control over what is sold online and what is not. To enable a product please go to your Control Panel > Catalog > Products, open the product page and click "Enable".
Our application does not currently support syncing of product detail changes. The products from Square are added to your store initially. Then only the inventory (quantity in stock) is synchronized.
No. You can use any gateway from the list of available payment gateways.
When you add a new product to Square account, it doesn't automatically appear in your catalog.
In order to transfer new products from Square to Online store, you should start the import in your Сontrol panel > Settings > POS page. Click the "Import products from Square" button and new products will be transferred from Square to Online store.
Verify that synchronization is turned on in your Сontrol panel > Settings > Square
Verify that the products in question have matching SKUs across Online store and Square. If these products have no SKUs in Square, add them manually for each Square product and then add the same SKUs to the Online store products, ensuring they match in all cases.
Yes, just choose the Square payment gateway in your Control Panel > Settings > Payments. Be sure to turn off the synchronization with Square POS in your Control Panel > Settings > Square.
More information about using Square payment gateway can be found here: Square Payment Gateway
Yes. Please note that synchronization is currently possible for accounts on Unlimited plan only.
If you have an existing Online store account running on the Unlimited plan, you can synchronize your Square and Online store inventory. Please navigate to your Control Panel > Settings > Square and click "Sync your Inventory". The quantity in stock will be synchronized, please note that the SKUs must match in both systems.
The products from your Online store will not be added to your Square account automatically, but you can upload the products from your Online store to Square with the help of CSV-file. Please refer to our article for details about exporting products from Online store. And in the Square Help Center you can see the instruction on how to import products.
Please navigate to your Control Panel > Settings > Square, click on your Merchant ID and click "Disconnect" in the dropdown menu.
First, ensure that all your Square products have SKUs and that you do not use SKUs that contain only zeros. Then try deleting the product and category again. This time it should stay deleted.