You can sell your products on Instagram by tagging them on your Instagram posts that feature your goods. When people tap on your product tags, they can check the item’s pricing and details and get a link to buy this product in your online store.
In this article:
When creating an Instagram post, you can choose the products you'd like to feature and tag them on the photos.
When someone taps a tag on your post, they'll see the following product information:
- link that takes them directly to your website, where they can purchase the product
To get access to the product tagging feature on Instagram, your business and account setup must meet the following requirements:
- Your business needs to be located in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy or Brazil.
- You need to sell physical products that comply with Facebook Commerce Policies.
- You need to have a Facebook business page and upload your products to the Facebook Shop on this page.
- You need to connect your Facebook page with your Instagram account.
- Your Instagram account needs to be a business profile.
- Your Instagram app needs to be the latest version available in your country.
When you fulfill the above requirements, your Instagram account will be reviewed for access to the feature by Instagram. The review process usually takes a few days, but sometimes they need more time to to review your account in more detail.
As soon as your account is approved, you'll receive a notification from Instagram that you can turn on the product tagging feature in your Instagram app.
If your account is approved for the product tagging feature, you can enable it in your Instagram app:
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap the Get Started alert at the top of your profile.
- If you don't see the alert, go to Settings.
- Tap Shopping and Continue.
- Select a product catalog to connect to your business profile and tap Done.
Please, make sure you have fulfilled all the requirements for getting access to the product tagging and wait a bit more.
Once you have enabled the Shopping feature in your Instagram app, you can tag your products in your posts. When you have selected a photo for the post, added filters and caption:
- Tap the products in the photo that you want to tag.
- Enter the names of the products you want to tag.
- Select them as they appear in the search box.
You can tag products in both new and existing posts from your Instagram business profile.
- Tap Done and share your post.
The product tag won't reappear when the product comes back in stock.