You can arrange the products to categories in your store to make it easier for your customers to navigate and find the products they need. You can also set a certain category as default for your page so your customers saw the products from this category right away.
If your all of your products belong to the same category, you can just use the Store Home Page category without creating additional categories. It will make it easier for your customers to navigate the store.
- Navigate to your Control Panel → Catalog → Categories
- If you are creating a root category, click on "New Category"
- If you are creating a subcategory, select the root category where the new subcategory should appear and click the "New Category" button.
- Enter a title and description for the new category
- Add an image that will represent the category in your store.
- Go to Control panel → Catalog → Click on the necessary product.
- In the Categories section click "Add categories" or "Change categories".
- Put or remove the check mark next to the necessary categories.
- Save the changes.
By default store shows a list of root categories on the page. You can change this behavior and display a particular product category, when customers open the storefront for the first time. This is useful if you only have one category or want to display a specific set of items (e.g. "New Arrivals") to new visitors.