Global Gateway e4 is a payment solution provided by First Data. You can sign up for a merchant account here: https://www.firstdata.com/
Setting it up
- If you haven't already done so, sign up for your merchant account with First Data: https://www.firstdata.com/
- Log into your merchant account at https://globalgatewaye4.firstdata.com/?lang=en
- Go to Administration → Terminal Types, click "Terminal Selection"
- Choose a terminal for e-Commerce (YOURCOMPANY TERM ECOMM):
- On the "Details" tab from the "Type" dropdown choose either E-Commerce Transaction (CVV2), if you need checking CVV2 codes for the transactions, or E-Commerce Transaction, if you are not going to check CVV2 codes.
- (optional) At the AVS Filters tab choose the AVS check statuses those should result in declining the transaction
- (optional) At the CVV2 Filters tab choose the CVV2 code check statuses those should result in declining the transaction
- Click "Update" to apply the changes.
- At the Payment Pages tab there should already be an automatically created payment page
- (optional) If you are going to provide a mobile friendly payment page for your mobile customers, set the Mobile style enabled checkmark and click "Save".
- Copy the payment page name into Payment Page Id field in the payment method account details in control panel.
- Click the row with your payment page in the list
- In the General tab:
- (optional) Put a custom title for your payment page into Payment Page Title
- (optional) Put the merchant email into the Notification Email to receive the technical notifications of successful transactions or problems.
- Make sure there is no check mark in Enable Level 3 Processing.
- In the Payment Types tab
- Under the "Credit Card Payments" put the checkmark Enable Credit Card Payments; under the "Test Processing" and "Live Processing" choose the Merchant and Terminal, created at the step 4 of this instruction.
- In the Receipt page tab:
- Under "Receipt Page Settings" choose Link to the receipt page (LINK)
- Under "Authorize.Net Protocol - Relay Response Settings" put the checkmarks Allow Relay Response, Allow HTTP Redirect to Merchant Website and Retry Failed Relay Responses.
Put the URL from the account details window of your Global Gatewy e4 payment method → System settings → Payment (the necessary URL looks like https://app.shopsettings.com/global-gateway-e4/NNNNNNN where NNNNNNN is your store ID) into both Relay Response URL and Relay Response Retry URL. It may be necessary for the E4 support staff to review these URLs after you apply these changes. The review takes 1 business day, and until it is completed, no relay response is made from e4 to your shop.
- (optional) Under "Receipt emails" you can enable notifying the buyer upon successful transaction and customize the notifications
- (optional) Under "Appearance" you can customize the look (colors and logo) of your payment page.
- In the Security tab
- Under "HMAC Calculation" choose MD5 for the Encryption Type.
- Under "Transaction Key" click Generate New Transaction Key if "Transaction Key" is empty yet, and copy the key over into the "Transaction Key" field in the account details window of your Global Gatewy e4 payment method in Online store control panel → System settings → Payment.
- Under "Response Key" click Generate New Response Key, if the "Response Key" is empty yet, and copy the key over into the "Response Key" field in the account details window of your Global Gatewy e4 payment method in control panel > System settings > Payment.
- Click "Save changes"
- In the General tab: