Every country has certain regulations that impose rules on businesses. We want to make Online store as a universal solution as possible. EU countries like German and Italy have such regulations and require the specific display of product prices and sales taxes. We made it possible for EU stores to get their stores fully complied with these regulations.
The requirements include:
- Break-down of product prices into prices per unit
- Showing each tax rate separately in the product listings, product pages and in the invoices
Online store allows setting up each point. We are sure the features will be useful for all merchants hence we designed them as separate settings that you can enable/disable at any time.
In order to activate German specific features ,you should specify an address within Germany as your company address on Control panel → Systemeins tellungen → Allgemein → Warenkorb.
Your products are to indicate proper tax rates. Tax setup consists of a few settings. Proceed to Systemeinstellungen → Steuern .
1. Create new tax record for each tax rate that is applicable to your products.
2. Set the tax rate in the 'Andere Zonen' row of the rates table. Make sure to check the 'Artikelpreise inklusive Steuern anzeigen' checkbox to include the tax into the product price.
3. If the taxes should apply only to certain products, make sure to uncheck the 'Für alle Artikel aktiviert' checkbox for every tax.
4. If there is more than one tax rate in your shop you need to assign the necessary tax to each product manually. Go to Katalog → Artikel, open each product and in the "Steuern und Versand" tab assign the proper tax for this product by setting a checkbox next to it.
More information on tax setup: Taxes.
You can set required product properties using product attributes:
1. First, you need to create a product type and attributes for it. This is done in Katalog → Artikelsorten. Product type represents a set of product attributes.
2. Create a new product type and assign the necessary attributes (like Lieferzeit, Webstoff) for it. You will be able to set the exact values for those later on.
3. Once the necessary attributes are created within a product type, you need to connect your products with this product type. Go to Katalog → Artikel, open each product and in the Merkmale tab click the '[ Sorte ändern ]' link and choose the appropriate product type. After that, enter individual values for the product attributes in the displayed table.
For a detailed guide on Products and attributes please refer to this article.
If a product can be measured in units such as kilograms, liters, meters, you need to specify the exact price for that unit of measure in your store. Navigate to Systemeins tellungen → Allgemein → Warenkorb page and enable "Preis pro Einheit anzeigen" option. After that:
1. Set the displayed names for these parameters as a part of the product type on Katalog → Artikelsortenas described in the previous section. Each product type allows to set its own displayed names for these parameters. So your should have one product type for liquid products (beer, juice etc) measured in liters and the different product type for product measured in 100 grams units (cheese, nuts).
2. Once these properties are set in product type, you can connect those properties to a product.
3. Connect your products with their product types (go to Katalog → Artikel, open each product and in the Merkmale tab click the '[ Sorte ändern ]' link and choose the appropriate product type.)
4. Then set the values for those parameters: click the dropdown button next to the product price in price editor and below it enter the values
5. Please make sure that price per unit also include all applicable taxes.
To view an example of terms and conditions in German, check out this article.
More details on this feature: Legal pages
1. Enter your website editor. Click the footer area of the site to start editing its text. Enter the anchor of the links to the necessary legal pages.
Select the added text, the editor toolbar should appear. Choose the right font and formatting for these links.
Select the anchor text for each link. In the editor toolbar click the link icon and set the URL of the link to that particular page (you can find out those URLs as detailed above).
2. For a footnote for Lieferzeit attribute, you can add the text to the footer (it will be displayed on every page) or below the store widget (will only be displayed on the store page). Click the area where you want to add the footnote at and add the following text:
* Gilt für Lieferungen innerhalb Deutschland. Lieferzeiten für andere Länder finden Sie HIER
Select HIER word, in the editor toolbar, click the link icon and add the link to your Versandkosten page in Online store (you can find out the URL for that link as detailed above)
3. If you offer express shipping, your Lieferzeit attribute might say:
Standard max. 5 Tage, Express 1 Tag*
And then the footnote should be:
*Gilt für Lieferungen nach Deutschland bei Standardversand. Bei Expressversand gilt eine Lieferzeit von 1 Tag innerhalb Deutschlands. Lieferzeiten für andere Länder und Informationen zur Berechnung des Liefertermins siehe hier
Again, select the 'hier' word, in the editor toolbar click the link icon and add the link to your Versandkosten page in Online store (you can find out the URL for that link as detailed above)
1. Login to your WP Admin area. In the menu choose Appearance → Menus. Create a new menu for your legal pages. Please, see this page to find out how to get the URLs for the links to each legal page in your store. Use the Links area to add every single link into the menu.
2. Once the menu is ready, save it and go to Appearance → Widgets. From the selection of widgets, drag the 'Custom menu' widget into the footer widget area or sidebar area (depending on where you want to show these links). In the Menu dropdown of this new widget select the menu you just created.
3. For the Lieferzeit footnote, in the Appearance → Widgets drag the Text widget into the footnote area. Add the text of your footnote:
* Gilt für Lieferungen innerhalb Deutschland. Lieferzeiten für andere Länder finden Sie <a href="LINK"→HIER</a→
Replace the LINK in this text with the URL of your Versandkosten page in Online store (you can find out the URL for that link as detailed above)
4. If you offer express shipping, your Lieferzeit attribute might say:
Standard max. 5 Tage, Express 1 Tag*
And then the footnote text should be:
*Gilt für Lieferungen nach Deutschland bei Standardversand. Bei Expressversand gilt eine Lieferzeit von 1 Tag innerhalb Deutschlands. Lieferzeiten für andere Länder und Informationen zur Berechnung des Liefertermins siehe <a href="LINK"→hier</a→
Again, replace the LINK in this text with the URL of your Versandkosten page in Online store (you can find out the URL for that link as detailed above)