Sometimes, when customers have already placed their orders, they may change their mind to another option, decide to buy a different item or find a typo in their email address which needs correction.
There is Order Editor feature that allows merchants to edit existing orders in their stores. With the help of this app, it’s possible to edit practically all order details. You can:
- add new order positions and delete existing ones;
- change product SKU number, product name, the quantity of products and product price;
- edit customer’s address, name, and email;
- add and delete discounts;
- edit the names of payment and shipping methods;
- change the tax and shipping cost.
You can edit your orders in your Control panel on Sales "Edit Orders" page.
You can choose the necessary order by click or search your sales by order ID, email, item names or customer name.
Select the order and you will be able to:
- Add new items to an order;
- Remove items;
- Edit existing items: product name, SKU, options, quantity;
- Edit customer’s address, name, and email;
- Add or remove a discount;
- Edit names of payment options and shipping methods;
- Edit the tax fee and shipping cost.
Just click on the “Edit” icon next to the block you’d like to change.
Remember to save the changes and they will be applied immediately.
If you sell not only in your online store but also process sales offline, via phone or email, you still can record these orders in your Control panel and keep track of them.
It is possible to create orders manually for accounting purposes to have full orders history in your control panel even for orders that were processed via phone or offline.
To create an order go to My Sales -> Edit orders page and click "Create Order" button at the top right of the page:
Fill in the order information and click "Place order". The order will appear in your sales list.
If the order total is changed after edition, will system charge my customers the deficient money or refund the extra sum back to their card?
Since all payments are processed on payment gateway’s side, neither Order Editor nor Online store itself can charge the deficient or refund the extra sum of money automatically.
Therefore, in order to charge your customer the additional cost if the order total has changed, you need to contact your customer directly and agree upon the way they can transfer the money to you.
As for returning the extra money, payment processors always allow making refunds in their backend. Please contact your payment gateway's customer service, if you’re not sure, how to do this exactly.