Product options enable you to give a possibility for customers to choose some properties of a purchased item (e.g. size, color or gift pack).
- In Online store control panel, Catalog > Products > product page, Options
- Click "New Option" to add an option and its parameters
- Then follow these steps
- Submit the title and choose an input type (for example "Select")
- Click on "New Selection" to add parameters of the option.
- Set the price modifier if applicable (If not applicable jump to step 4):
+ adds up to the basic price
- deducts from the basic price.
$ - adds/deducts amount
% - adds/deducts a percentage
Enter the amount or % depending on what's selected in column 2
If you have more than one selection, choose which one will be selected by default on the product page.
If you want more than one selection for each option, just repeat step 3.2 & 3.3.
To add more than one option, repeat steps 2 and 3.
4. Once you have all your options set, click Save.
Price modifiers are additional rates which you can add to the options selections. When the buyer chooses the selection that modifies the price, the final price will be shown on the product details page.
You can assign price modifiers to the options selections in the control panel on the product edit page in the Options tab. The price modifiers can add absolute or percent amount to the price or deduct from it. The price modifiers can be assigned to drop-down, checkbox and radio-buttons option types.
Here is how price modifiers look in the storefront:
Each option type refers to a certain type of HTML element.
- Select — drop-down menu with option values
- Radio — radio-buttons with option values
- Date Picker — the input box with the popup calendar to select date
- Text Field and Text Area — an input text field to type in any text by your customers
- Upload file — allows customers to attach files to their purchases
- Checkboxes - checkboxes with option values
To make sure customers don't miss an option and make a selection before adding the product to cart, it's possible to make any options (except checkboxes) required with corresponding checkbox.
In this case, a customer couldn't add a product to cart without selecting an option. If he tries to:
- Text field, text area, datepicker and file upload options will be highlighted and won't allow one to proceed until something is specified or uploaded
- Radio-buttons won't have any selections active by default
- Dropdown list options will display dummy "Please choose" selection active by default, and a customer couldn't proceed without selecting a different one