This article contains a collection of documentation related to the store catalog and products you sell in your store.
In this article:
- How can I move all products from one category to another?
- How can I add the "delivery date" option to my products?
- How can I remove the the decimal place from product prices?
- Will system notifies me when my products are low or out of stock?
- Can I set the weight for less than 1 pound / 1 kg ?
- How to add a video to your product description?
- How to show that a product has free shipping?
- How do I show all products on store landing page?
There are two possible ways:
1. If you want to re-arrange many products, the best way is to import them with new parameters. Please, refer to this article for details: Import-Export
2. The other way is as follows:
- go to the Catalog → Categories page
- find the necessary category in the left panel, click it, then open the "Category products" tab.
- press the "Remove all" button; the products will be removed from this category, however the products themselves will not be removed.
- then go to the "Category products" tab of the destination category, press "Add products" and add all necessary products at once there.
You need to use the "product options" feature and the "Date Picker" option type.
If you want to to omit decimals in product prices, then you should:
- open the "Settings → General → Regional Settings" page in your control panel;
- enable the "Hide trailing zeros in fractional part" option
After that all trailing zeros in fractional part will be removed. So for example $40,00 will be displayed as $40
If a product price/order total has fractional part/decimals (e.g. $40,57) then it will be always displayed to show the exact cost to customer.
Please note, that the fractional part is removed automatically, if your currency doesn't have it at all. For example, Yen. If you use such a currency, then it isn't necessary to enable the "Hide trailing zeros in fractional part" option.
Yes. It will notify you, if you enable this option for your products. In order to enable it, please open the product for editing, click the "Manage" link in the Stock Control section and set the value of the "Send me a note when quantity in stock reaches:" field.
Important note: if a product has unlimited quantity, then it will be always in stock, so no "low stock" notifications will be sent.
Yes, it is of course possible. You should convert weight to a decimal ratio of the pound/kg in order to use less than one pound/kg. For example:
1 ounce = 0.06 pounds
15 ounces = 0.94 pounds
Please do not forget the zero before the dot, otherwise Online Store will show a warning:
.94 — incorrect value
0.94 - correct value
Our editor can define which type of a link you add (to a video, an image, etc.) and acts accordingly – it displays a video, an image, etc. To add a video to product description, do the following:
- Upload your video file to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Copy the link to the uploaded video from the browser address bar.
- Log into your Online Store control panel. Go to Catalog → Products → click on a product for which you want to add a video.
- Paste the link in the Description field. The editor will recognise that it is the link to the video and will display the video.
- Save the changes
Showing free shipping signs on product or checkout pages is a great incentive for customers to purchase a product. To make sure the product has free shipping, go to: Online Store Control Panel → Products → Select a product → Go to Tax and Shipping tab → Specify "Shipping freight" as "Free".
Now, to show customers that these products have free delivery, use the following options:
- Update the product image to add a free shipping note or a badge
To do that, first find a small icon or image that you wish to use. Then get your product image that you uploaded to your store earlier and edit it in any image editor to add that icon to the product image. After that, update product image for that product.
It is actually a quite common practice to put all store products on the main store page (landing page), when there is small amount of products in the store and no categorization is needed. It's easy to do that: a product without category assigned is displayed in the root category, which is the same as landing page in the storefront. So if you don't have any category in your store, all your products will be displayed on the main store page (landing page). Thus, in order to show all your products on your landing page, you only need to not use any category at all - just make your products not assigned to any category or, alternatively, remove all of your categories.