You can sort the products in your store in a certain order. You might prefer to show the newest or the most expensive products first.
In this article:
To show the products sorted in a certain way you need to set the default order for them:
- Go to your store Control Panel → Settings → General → Cart & Checkout.
- Find Default Products Sort Order under Catalog Settings.
- Select the variant you want to use:
There are 6 variants of the default sort order:
- Defined by store owner. If this option is selected, your customers will see products in the same order as specified in your store Control Panel → Catalog → Categories.
- Date added. If this option is selected, the newly added products will appear first.
- Price: low to high. This option helps to show the least expensive products first.
- Price: high to low. This option helps to show the most expensive products first.
- Name: A to Z. The products will be displayed sorted by names alphabetically.
- Name: Z to A. The products will be sorted by names in reversed alphabetic order.
If you select the Defined by store owner option, your customers see products in the order set in the category in your store Control Panel. To change this order:
- Go to your store Control Panel → Catalog → Categories.
- Click the necessary category.
- Go to the Category products tab.
- Drag and drop the products to sort them:
- Save the changes.